Ordering a repeat prescription
Order your repeat prescription online at a time that suits you.
Your details and information are protected by the highest standards of online security, so all you need to worry about is what to do with the spare time you’ve earnt.
Problems ordering your prescription online?
Use the Patient Access Support Centre before you call us.
- Order online at https://patient.emisaccess.co.uk. To use this service you must first register your interest in person. Please bring some form of identification to reception and we will supply you with the necessary forms. We will provide you wiht your NHS Number and a Practice ID number so you can register to begin using online services. Once registered you will receive an Access Pin number which you will need to logiin https://patient.emisaccess.co.uk/Account/Login?cdb=155
How to order your prescriptions.
If patients are not set up for patient acess please follow the practice procedure when ordering repeat prescriptions which is as follows:
- Send your request via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Drop off either your written prescription request or your repeat prescription form
medications will only be issued when they are due, and please allow 48hrs for them to be processed.
PLEASE NOTE: Please only use the above processes when ordering prescriptions and any prescription enquiries. Any other methods will not be actioned, and may result in a delay in medication being authorised.
**After Wednesday 1st September 2021, we will no longer be taking prescription requests via the telephone. You will be asked to submit your request either by email to our dedicated mailbox or by dropping off a written request at the Thursby Surgery main building**
What else should you know?
- Your prescription should be available after two working days (please allow for weekends and bank holidays).
- Requests ordered after 4pm will not be processed until the next working day.
- The doctor may request that you attend for an appointment before prescribing medication for the first time or where a course of medication has expired.
- We will only give out repeat prescription to representatives of a patient where we are satisfied that the patient has given his or her consent for the representative to collect the prescription.
- Patients requiring a prescriptions for the contraceptive pill must be seen by a nurse for a blood pressure check before a repeat prescription can be issued. Please ring to make an appointment in advance and the nurse will issue a repeat prescription when you attend.
- The surgery is closed on weekends and all Bank holidays, therefore there will be no-one at the surgery to process any on-line requests made on these days. Please take these days into account when ordering repeat medication.
- In the event of needing medical advice or treatment over weekends or bank holiday periods please Call NHS 111
- You should dial 999 in a life threatening emergency.